Wednesday 5 January 2011

Wait* - Take That

The good news i received in the post below did not come quickly!!! I was made to wait for it. You see, i was scheduled to go for the scan at 1.30 pm. It should not take long - and thereafter, my doc will see me.

So i went to the counter as directed at 1.30 pm sharp. The people at the counter had no idea about my scan. they did not receive any instructions about it. So i had to wait till the 'lady' came back from lunch. 'Lady' - i dun know what to refer her as!!! She is not a nurse. But she is not the receptionist either. I made my appointment with her and she was the one who directed me to the counter. But apparently, she failed to instruct the people there.

So i waited.

Then she came back from lunch. i was then sent to the radiology department for the scan. Waited some more!!!! Why? Cuz they weren't sure if they had to use the 'dye' when scanning me. The doctor person in charge there went for prayers. So i waited.

Finally, she got back - yes, they needed to use the dye. Which meant also that i was supposed to have fasted for 4 hours!!!! Of course i din. I wasn't instructed to!!!! So i had to loiter around for another 3 hours plus before they could scan me!!!!!

Finally, they scanned me. But after that, i had to wait for the doctor to study the scan and produce the report.

The report finally came. I paid for it and took the scan as well as the report. I was so curious to read the report - but decided against taking it out immediately and reading it!!! Din wanna seem so anxious - altho in truth, i was really wanting to know by then!!! But i had to go back up to see my doctor. I guessed there would be time then to sneak a peak at the report.

When i got back up, i told the 'lady' i was ready to see the doc with my scan. She took the scan from me (with the report) and asked me to... wait for it.... yes, wait!!!!

Since i was there the latest, i had to wait till everyone had seen the doctor before my turn came. But it finally came - and when it did, my consultation did not even last 3 minutes!!!!! But that's a good thing, isn't it? Well, it is. Because as we all know now, the results were very very positive!!!!

So yes, that was really worth the wait!

But more than that - the wait was really good for another reason too! you see, to be honest, i had been rather worried about check-up. And as the time of the check-up drew nearer, i was pretty close to freaking out. I was feeling much more scared compared to last year when i had to go for the surgery!!!! It was so strange! Maybe the tumour had so badly effected me last year that i just did not know how to feel scared about it!

So there i was, worrying all alone. I did not want to cause my loved ones to go thru wat i was going thru so i did not share with them about my fears.

When i drove to the hospital, the memories came back to me again. The nightmare of having to spend the time in the ICU, not allowed to move much, and basically just lying there and waiting for time to pass by. Of course i prepared myself for the worst - and that meant that i ad to go for another similar surgery again!!!

When i was first waiting for the radiologist to come back from prayers, my heart felt so heavy then. I prayed - and asked that i could experience God's peace, the peace that passes all understanding!

And you know what? I did experience that! I did not realise it at first but the fear and the worry just went away! I initially thought the wait would kill me!!! Just get it over and done with quickly and lemme know the results - instead of letting me drown in my worry.

But God had other plans. He made me wait - and in the process, he let me experience his wonderful peace. And just learn to rest in him.



Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4v6-7

*Track #3 from their latest album which features Robbie Williams again!

No comments: