Wednesday 12 December 2012

What matters* - Edwin McCain

"It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart. Eccl 7:2"

This is true - it made me appreciate what I have more and help me remember what things in life are important.

My fren's mom passed away early Sunday morning. The wake was last nite and the burial this morning. I went for both of it and i must admit i was glad i did.

It was a pretty sobering experience - a timely reminder in our ever hectic and fast paced life that death awaits us all. Life is fragile. Am i focussing on things that really matter or wasting my time on those that do not?

It was pretty touching to hear the testimonies of that sweet old lady - she was indeed an example for us to follow.

It also brought home the grim reminder that the day will come when it will be me who goes up to thank the people for coming and for showing their love and concern to me. And to cherish every moment i have with mama from now till that day!

Still, it was a bittersweet experience all in all as although we'll miss her and we feel for her family as they deal with her departure - but the wonderful thought of her safe in our heavenly Father's arms now, free from pain and suffering, comforts all of us. And one sweet day, we will all be reunited again - together with papa, with Markus, and with all those who have gone ahead of us.

*His 2nd and less succesful single from his album, Misguided Roses. The first was I'll be.

No comments: