Friday 6 February 2009

Bye bye* - Mariah Carey

Temerloh, RBS Mission Trip, Tawney Tower, sharing my first nasi lemak meal at Essex, Christmas dinner 2006, Cardiff, Christian Union UoE, Malaysian Society, Hari Raya gathering 2006, Pembrokeshire National Park, Carols in the Square, walking along the west coast, Bristol, Camden Town...

It's funny cuz in spite of all the times shared together, i can't find a photo of us two together. This is the best i could find - the shadows of 2 UoE students from Malaysia on a road in Bristol at the end of Summer 2006:-



Wonderful friend, dear brother, idealist, perfectionist, musician, trustworthy, likeable, footballer, self-sacrificing, people person, God's servant. You will be missed.

The last exchange of words we had was that we'll chat when i get back from the UK. We never did. I still have yr coat. Well, my coat which became yrs! We were also supposed to climb Bukit Tabur.

You always wanted to change the world. Someone once said that if you can change one person, you have succeeded in changing the world. My life is better enriched as you were in it. The world is shinning less brightly today in yr absence - but the light that you planted in the hearts of many burns strongly.

And I know you're shining down on me from heaven
Like so many friends we've lost along the way
And I know eventually we'll be together
One sweet day
(Carey, Afanasieff, Morris, Morris, Stockman, McCary)

In
a way, i'm kinda envious of you! Say hi to me dad for me. And look and see if Shona and Hollie are there too, please?

I'll see ya later, mate!

*Although some thought that this was a sure-shot hit for her, this song performed moderately in the US Charts, peaking only at no. 17.

No comments: