Tuesday 17 February 2009

You lift me up* - Josh Groban

When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary;
When troubles come and my heart burdened be;
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come and sit awhile with me.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up... To more than I can be.
Brendan Graham

I do not deny that it has been pretty difficult lately. Well, not as difficult as it had been for some of me mates (to whom my heart goes out to - hang on in there, aight?). But when i decided not to do anything about it, and just to leave it into the hands of God, the burden was lifted. Miraculously, one may say - and i do not deny it.

Nothing has changed outwardly. The matter has not been resolved. But the peace i am experiencing is truly the type that passes all understanding. If left on me own, i'd be spiteful and vengeful. Now i'm just joyful - truly God can lift me up to so much MORE than i can ever be on my own strength.



I thank God for all the support and mature advice given to me by me mates at this time too.

*Originally sung by Secret Garden, this song has been covered over a hundred times and Groban's version is perhaps one of the better known ones in this region.

No comments: