Thursday 20 August 2015

Renewed* - Stryper

I just renewed my passport this week - will be travelling for work later this year (meaning it is paid for - can't afford any overseas holidays).

I want online to get more info about renewing my Malaysian passport but could not get the info I wanted. So as a public service post, I am going to provide info which I wanted but could not get.

Let me just put s disclaimer here - the info is correct as of the 18th of August 2015. Further, the renewal was done at the office at Plaza Glomac and I am unsure if other places have different practices or not.

First things first - what you need to bring. Bring your Mykad and RM200 (as fees for adults). And your current passport. That's all. You Amy want to bring something to amuse you while you wait. A book kept me suitably entertained.

From online, I found out the office opens at 7.30 am. I was late - close to 8 am and there was a long queue. You can park behind the office - an open air car park for RM2 an hour.

When you are allowed in, you will be given a small piece of paper. You are required to fill in your name, your address, your height, your mobile number and your email address. There is a small counter there with pens if you need them. You will have to submit that form together with your Mykad and you'll be given a number. I was the 46th person.

After waiting for over an hour, my number was called. I was required to submit everything and they took my fingerprint. They also took my photo - coats are provided. So you do not need to bring your own photos. Can save some money on that.

After that, I had to wait until they called my number again to the payment counter. I paid the RM200 and they gave me a printed receipt together with another number on the receipt.

I then had to wait again for a while before they called for the number on my receipt. They collected the receipt and then I had to wait until they called for me by name.

That's it. I was done in less than 3 hours.

Quite happy with the process. Not happy with my photo which I'm stuck with for the the next 5 years. I was told from online that I should have a neutral expression - but I overcompensated and I looked really miserable! Lol!

*The last track from this Christian metal group's 7th studio album, No More Hell To Pay.

No comments: