Saturday 22 August 2015

Uninvited* - Alanis Morissette

Last Wednesday, there was an uninvited guest who came into our house!

It was a good thing that i decided to go to our TV room in the morning with my daughter - for it is better that i discovered the "guest" than my wife!!!

When we got there, i noticed that something was not right as things from my cork board was falling off (it was my "This is Anfield" banner so i guess that little fella must have been a Red Devil fan!!!). I noticed also that my study lamp had fallen over and when i switched on the lights, i saw IT!!! I quickly grabbed my little girl, slammed the door shut and ran down!

When my wife saw us, she must have noticed how white my face was - i told her that something is upstairs and her first thought was that it was a cockroach!!!

Well, we started calling up exterminators and pest controllers to sort out the guest. To our dismay, they all had the same modus operandi - set up a trap and then hopefully it will catch that fella within 2 days!!!!

Finally, i found this company online and they said that they will go in and catch that fella for us! And they can come by noon (one company said they'll only come after 3 pm that day).

It was a little amusing as the guy over the phone tried to tell me that they will basically kill the intruder and it may be in a violent manner. Perhaps he didn't want to offend any animal rights activists!!! I told him that we are fine with it. Just get it OUT!!!

And they did. They sent one man over. He was polite - although a little amused that i was clearly scared of the small fella. Well, small relatively - if compared to me. But to me, it was a big fella!!! The guy tried to make me feel better by saying that different people are afraid of different things. But he asked if i was afraid of cockroaches and i said yes, i was afraid of that too!!!

He went up and locked himself in the room. I heard him used a stick to try to get it out of its hiding place. After a couple of minutes, my heart sank - had it left edi? That would mean we still have to pay them their fees! But then i heard the fella screaming!

What the man did was just to place some glue boards - it's like fly paper but bigger. He then chased the fella onto it and it will get caught.

Well done! Here's a free plug for them:-


The hardest part then was to clean up the entire room. First things first, though. I made sure that there are no openings available for such intruders again. These fellas can squeeze in through some really small openings!

And if you wanna have a look at that fella, you can click on the following picture to enlarge it.


*Her first single after her successful Jagged Little Pill album - this song was featured first in teh soundtrack of City of Angels.

No comments: