Saturday 2 February 2008

Longer* - Dan Fogelberg

Phone conversation earlier in the week:-

Me: Hey, i need to talk to you. Come see me tomorrow?
Student:
Why ah, sir? Am i in trouble? *gulp*

Me:
*LOL* Why? Are you? Suddenly filled with guilty conscience???


Fast forward to end of the week - another phone conversation:-

Programme Directer: Please come and see me tomorrow.
Me:
Erm... yeah, sure. Er... may i know what is it about?

Programme Director:
I'll let you know when i see you personally.

Me:
*Suddenly filled with guilty conscience - and makes mental note not to laugh at aforementioned student again*


Well, it din turn out to be too bad in the end. On the contrary, it was good. Really good. It's an offer that i can't refuse! Well, i can but i dun think i will.

It took some time for it to sink in, tho - no doubt partly due to the fact that i slept at 5 sumting in the morn that day and had a packed day of classes.
I've been asked to teach a subject which is closest to me heart (and no, it's not consti). No, i can't reveal it since i know many students now read me blog (go read yr cases if you are so free. yes, i am talking to you! ;-P). And nothing's confirmed yet - altho the ball is very much in my court now.

I am excited, yes. But at the same time... this means i have to give up on one subject that i'm doing now. After all the hard work of preparation and doing up slides, it feel kinda waste to just do it for a year. It would also mean that come next year, I'll still be busy preparing new slides and all instead of just re-using this year's slides.


But perhaps more significantly, this could mean i'm in this for the long haul!!! Am i ready for that? Do i want it? Can i keep my desire and need to wander and roam caged up? Should i postpone my dreams any longer?



I'm like a bird... in a cage???

*It hit the charts way back in 1980 and apparently, it was one of the most used songs during weddings at that time.

4 comments:

The Klaza said...

go for your dreams, Mr. Mun. Just make sure you finish teaching us forst...lolx

-- J e e L e e -- said...

Why do your students call you Mr. Mun?? Instead of the obvious, conventional, Mr.(family name)?

Anonymous said...

woohoo! Congrats! :D :D :D

well, just follow your heart and let God lead the way. ;)

imissw said...

follow my heart... it's kinda hard sometimes, esp when you have a greedy and indecisive one like mine which wants to do everything!!!

cheers for the congrats. the more i think of it, the more excited i am!