Saturday 9 February 2008

With or without you* - U2

I was doing one of them quiz thingies a while ago when i got stuck at one question - if your wife/husband was cheating on you, would you rather live the rest of your life wif him/her in happy ignorance or would you rather find out and live wif the pain?

I struggled for a while on that. I can only imagine the pain of finding out - so why not live the rest of my life in bliss? For after death, it won't matter any more, will it?

I chose to find out.

That was a while ago. i just thought of it as i was thinking of someone...

I was happy the way my life was going - and you came and showed me wat was missing. Yet, i rather live like this - knowing that something's missing than to go on living in happy oblivion...

*One of the band's most popular songs, it was also their first no. 1 hit in the US. In 2004, Rolling Stone magazine placed it at number 131 on their list of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.

2 comments:

SaraLynn said...

I would like to agree, but sadly cannot. I am a rather curious person, but i think I would choose not to know. Knowing my husband the way i do, it would take a drastic situation for him to cheat. If he did, it would be once and that I could forgive. Is that ignorance or total acceptance?

imissw said...

well, that sounds like love! willing to give him another chance if he did such a thing.

anyways, to each his own - different ppl would choose differently. some would like to know, some wouldn't.