Wednesday 6 February 2008

Nobody's child* - Karen Young

A conversation i had today...

M:
You not going home?

Me: I am home!!! I'm local.
M: Oh, i see.
Me: What about you? Not going anywhere?
M: I have no where to go to.
Me: Oh...
M: I'll just stay in KL.
Me: Er... ok. Have a happy Chinese New Year then.

I walked away wondering if i could have done or said anything more. Invite her over to me place for dinner? I just conversed with her for the first time in me life!!!

Hard to imagine a Chinese person not having anywhere to go to during CNY. Probably unmarried, parents perhaps are no longer around and she's an only child? Worse still, she has parents, husband and children, and siblings but she's not welcomed by them?

I am blessed - and altho there's one less person to share the celebrations with this year, me family and i still have each other.

This reminded me of the latest ad from Petronas - check it out:-



*I remember listening to this song when i was really really young. And a fren told me he'd cry each time he listen to it.

No comments: