Friday 8 February 2008

Sweet temptation* - Jewel

Our doughnuts seem to be going thru a mini revival recently. These hole-in-one deserts have been around for a long long time - but now they are back with a vengeance! A total make-over. And of course, much, much, much more pricey. But this does not deter us consumers. People are queuing up for hours - i exaggerate not - just to get them!

A couple of me wonderful students took the trouble to get some J. Co doughnuts for me b'day last year. Unfortunately, we had a pretty heavy lunch - had to take-away the remains which became me dinner. So i only managed to eat them the next day - and they werent fresh then. Din think too much of it - must give it another try, tho.







When i was down in S'pore, i was informed by me mate that there's a new donut joint in town. I wasn't impressed - until he told me that in his view, it was better than Krispy Kreme!!!!! What??? No way! Get out of town!!!!

He recommended 2 - the Spicy Cheese and the peanut butter one (can't remember the name, tho). Well, he got me there. Cheese? Peanut butter? How can i say no?

So off i went to Raffles' City, looking for the Donut Factory, wif another mate in tow. I really wanted to try the glazed one but they were selling the assorted ones in 6s. Cant mix. So i got 6 to share wif me mate.


So what's wif donut boxes aand orange colour???


Free plug for them - check out their website


The spicy cheese - it's different! Savory doughnut? But it's nice!


Mint-chocolate topping


Me mate got a coffee almond one. The peanut butter one din look too good to be photographed!



The verdict? Well, i'm biased. And prolly pretty old-fashioned. I like me doughnuts simple - just the dough and sugar on it. All the extra stuffs just seem to kill the taste of the dough. So of course i'll stick to the excellent and brilliant Krispy Kreme!!!



Check out my Krispy Kreme experience here.

*Track 10 from her 0304 album.

No comments: