Monday 17 March 2008

Bad* - Michael Jackson

Let me say from the outset that i like cheesiness. I like corny stuffs. I'm the master of lame-ness - hey, i'm the founding member and life-time member of the Hall of Lame!

But even i have my limits - there is a line where cheesiness becomes plain bad.

I'm referring to Fergie's latest song which is playing over Mix FM these days - Big Girls Don't Cry. I just couldn't believe my ears when she goes:-

"And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket"!!!!

Now first - yes, i'm gonna be anal - it's grammatically wrong!!! "A child... misses their blanket"???? Children miss their blankets. A child misses his/her blanket. *Sigh*

But on top of that - come on???!!!! I miss you like a child misses his/her blanket??? Surely you can do better than that? As someone commented on the Rolling Stone website, she "...should be jailed for writing such crap"! Wait, does she write her own stuffs? Doesn't matter. If she doesn't she should be jailed for singing such drivel...

Anyways, i just can't help thinking of this as i listened to the song:-


Me fav Peanuts character! :-)

*His second no. 1 hit from the album of the same title, it was originally planned for him to sing it as a duet with Prince!

3 comments:

SaraLynn said...

lol...that was my husabnd's reaction as well. The EXACT same reaction...too funny.

I really enjoy reading your posts. I may not comment every time, but I do enjoy it ;)

imissw said...

hey sara,

thanks for the comment. glad u enjoy me posts.

i was surprised at how many people online have said how much they actually liked that song - and i was fearing a whole of fergie's fans leaving unhappy comments in me blog!

so it's good to know i'm not alone! lol!

-- J e e L e e -- said...

Hey,

I thought of Linus (Peanuts) too when I first heard that song!!!!

:P