Wednesday 19 March 2008

Deep down* - Debbie Gibson

I see them everyday. I walk pass them and they smile at me. Sometimes, we'd talk and laugh. We would joke, tease - even flirt a little sometimes, all in good fun.

Yet, deep down inside, so many of them are hurting. Their smiles are just a facade. A mask they put on - like we are all in some elaborate masquerade somewhere in Venice.



Most of them go back and cry. Some cry on the inside. Others - there are no more tears left to cry and they are just going thru the motions.

At times i wonder how they find the strength to face another day, being so young. I wish i could just reach out and put an end to their hurt, their pain, their confusion, their frustration...


Ducks gliding over the surface of the water -
they are actually kicking frantically under water just to keep afloat and keep moving


But then again, aren't i one of them too? Someone said that i smiled a lot yesterday. if only they could see what was going on deep down inside.

At least i have this blog. At least i have my faith and my God to pull me thru. For that, i am eternally grateful. And as long as He gives me strength, i will try to do wat i can for the others... altho i must say that it sometimes overwhelms me...

*Taken from her fav album of mine, Anything is Possible, this song features quite a cool slap bass line.

No comments: