Friday 5 February 2010

It's been awhile* - Staind

The Putrajaya Night Run is tomorrow night. Nope, i'm not running in it. In fact, i won't be running in any runs or races for a while.

After all, i'm still recovering from a major surgery - i do get tired very easily. So any kinds of physical exertion is not recommended. When i told my doctor that i'm back at work, teaching despite still being on MC, he said it's alright as long as i'm not teaching physical education!!! Lol!

It has been a while since i've actually ran - whether competitively or for fun. I did sign up for the Nike Human Run in S'pore in October 2009 - and got the dates mixed up!!!


Me in S'pore on the 25th of October 2009!!!!!

I oso signed up for the Penang Bridge Run on November last year - but then something really important was scheduled on the very same day at Chapel. So i had to forfeit that run too.


Pic taken during the Penang Bridge Run in 2008

I dun think that i even ran non-competitively or for leisure in the second half of last year. Most of the time, i'd be too tired of be having a headache.

I actually missed running. I rekindled my affair with running during late summer and early autumn in 2006. The weather then in the UK was so wonderful to run in.

Can't wait to put on my Nikes or my Brooks again and run. My target would be the KL International Marathon sometime in the middle of this year. And 10 km only. Wonder if i'll ever be able to do a full marathon...


Some of my competitive runs - KLIM '08 and '09, Nike Human Run 2008, Ipoh Marathon '09, Shah Alam King of the Road '09, Putrajaya Night Run '09, Penang Bridge Run

*Their only song to reach the top 10 of the Billboard chart, this is probably their most famous song.

2 comments:

Chermaine said...

sir sir sir, you left out Terry Fox Run with us! lols.

imissw said...

yup, u r right. but that was prolly the only time i ran - which explained why i struggled to finish that measely 5 km run!!!

too bad u ppl won't be around for this year's run.