Friday 1 April 2011

Dear father* - Madonna

Barney: I´m never gonna talk to my dad again

Marshall: No Barney. *I* am never gonna talk to my dad again, but *your* dad is alive and he lives just down the road
HIMYM S06E19

Been thinking about my pa lately. Coincidence? I was talking to tGiF the other night when i started to tell her about pa. She was impressed at how he managed to provide for all of us despite having only a lowly job. He managed to ensure that we have a car and a house, send me overseas to study...


I told tGiF that he prolly loved me the most. But we never really got that close - when i was younger, he'd be working and when he gets home, he has to cook for us all. Then he'd be really tired at nite. When i got older, i never really stayed home much.

I hold him in very high estimation. He loved us so much!

When i got home that nite, my neighbour started talking to me - and out of the blue, she told me that my father was a good man. And she has heard it from others too.

Yes, he was. No doubt.


Flowers for me dad today

I only wished i had expressly told him that when he was still alive...

An unreleased song of hers that was supposed to be on the Erotica album.

No comments: