Friday 27 May 2011

Who am I?* - Will Young

Kung Fu Panda 2 is out!!! We watched it last nite.



So how was it? As one online reviewer was saying, is it more like Toy Story 2 or Shrek 2?

I for one was a little worried. I want it to be good! I loved the first one so much. But can any sequel live up to it's predecessor that was really good? Not every movie is Toy Story.

Well, it did not blow me away. It was not a Toy Story 2 kind of sequel. To me anyways. Perhaps i was tired, perhaps i was too worried about my interview this morning (no, not job interview - in case you Taylor's management ppl are spying on this), perhaps the really lousy popcorn (which started to spill out from the bottom) spoilt the movie a bit... but i have to say that it was not a super enjoyable movie.

Still, i'm not saying that it's bad either. It was enjoyable! There were quite a few LOL scenes. New characters made it more interesting too.






What really worked for me was the storyline. We get know more of who Po is. We finally find out why is it he has a goose for a father!



We also get to see Po when he was a little panda - scenes which will surely appeal to the girls (Cue: Awww..... so cute).



Po was asked in the movie - and he asked himself the same question- "Who am i?" The answer? Simple - but i won't spoil it for you here.

So the sequel is very much a self-discovery journey for Po - and fortunately for us, it is an interesting and funny journey that we can join in.
I liked that that Po's character has been developed much further - and tied in to this is the theme of father and son relationship.

I'll prolly watch it again - in Cantonese! Sure, it's no Toy Story 2 - but how many movies can be like a Toy Story 2? At least it's not a Terminator 3!

*Memorable as it was in the charts when i was studying in the UK.

No comments: