Tuesday 27 October 2015

Blessed* - Elton John

3 months ago, i was lying on the operation table with my head cut opened. Today, i am here, rushing for work as there is just so much to do!!! Yes, life is back to normal again! Normal means having piles and piles of work crying out for my attention!!!

I actually started this post quite a long while ago while i was still on medical leave. But i never got around to really write it (or type it)!

It was after my surgery when i was reflecting over everything and i am reminded how blessed i am. No, don't get me wrong - i am not saying i'm blessed because surgery went well. Of course i am thankful for that - and so are my family members and we acknowledge it was God's grace to me to bring me through such a difficult time.

But more than that, i am truly so blessed to have this life. I began to appreciate the little things we take for granted - so cliched, right? But what is cliched can also be true.

I was touched by the gestures of so many people who were genuinely concerned for me. I have people all over the world who were praying for and and asking about my well-being. People whom i have not seen for a long suddenly called and prayed for me. I had friends who came over the night before my surgery and stayed with me until they could stay no more as they were not allowed to be there.

Then there was family - they will always be there for you no matter what. And they will always be there for you - even if its for the second time. And they'll be there for the third, and fourth and many more (hopefully there will not be a third!).

I had to go back to my mom's place to rest there after being discharged. My sis bought a new bed for me for that purpose. My mom prepared meals for me and attended to my needs. My mom-in-law came down from Ipoh to help my wife keep an eye on my little girl. My wife made so many trips to the hospital and also to my mom's house to see me, to buy food for me, to bring my daughter over to see (the highlight of the day).

And i experienced again afresh God's love - and his peace that passes all understanding.

I'm feeling good now - back to work as usual. if anything, It's the haze that is making me unwell - thankfully, it is not so bad today. Definitely not like how it is in some parts of Indonesia!

*His 1995 song which is apparently about how a person who has a child is blessed.

No comments: