Friday 9 October 2015

I wanna be like Jürgen Klöpp* - Matze Knop

So it is finally confirmed - Jürgen Klöpp has joined Liverpool FC as our new manager!


So far, no one seems to be unhappy with this - except for fans of other teams!!! Well, we are quite excited about this. Not hoping for a quick fix, though but a new start to something good.

A lot has been said about him - but i discovered something new about him this morning. He is one who speaks openly about his faith and his belief in God. Here are some of the things he has been quoted as saying:-

'In order to answer this question (is there a football god) once and for all: although there is no football God, I believe that there is a God who loves us humans, just as we are, with all our quirks, and that's why I think he also loves football! But we have to score our own goals.'
'All of these really likeable guys who I meet week in week out at matches or in some cases even in training, have one thing in common: they have noticed at some stage in their careers that there must be more to life than championship and relegation battles. They relate how a relationship with God has changed their perspective.' 
'To be a believer, but not to want to talk about it - I do not know how it would work! If anyone asks me about my faith, I give information. Not because I have claim to be any sort of missionary. But when I look at me and my life - and I take time for that every day - then I feel I am in sensationally good hands.'

(Quotes taken from this link)

Wow! Nice. I want to be like him, to talk about my faith and want to do so!

*This German song (first ever in this blog) was written and released as a tribute to the newly appointed manager of Liverpool FC.

No comments: