Monday 31 December 2007

O Christmas Tree* - Johnny Cash



I've always had a Christmas tree as far as i can remember. And i've always loved it. Every year as a child i'd look forward to putting up the tree. Without fail, every year me dad would buy new ornaments for the tree. So much so that our tree was just chock-full of ornaments!!!! Some branches also began to give way - partly due to its age (yes, we in M'sia have fake trees which we reuse year after year). But that never stopped me dad from buying new ornaments every year.

As i think back of our old tree groaning under the weight of all the ornaments, i find a wonderful picture of me dad - who gave me something special in me childhood days, and who's love is best depicted by how much he gave and he gave, and he never stopped loving right till the end. In the same way, it reminds me of my heavenly Father who loved us so much that he gave us Jesus.

As i see Christmas trees this year, i see love. I see Jesus. That's the real meaning of Christmas!

p/s - check out me Christmas Tree list here.

*Taken from his album, Country Christmas which was released around 3 years after his death.

No comments: