Wednesday 2 January 2008

Again* - Janet Jackson

Here's a post from an old secret blog of mine:-

I got out of the car park and walked up the little hill leading into the office complex. i saw this blur vision of a girl wif nice hair. I put on my specs. Well, well, well. Yup, it’s the cute girl wif nice hair! :-) Even without me specs, i could recognise her hair!

I quickened my pace. This is a great opportunity to chat wif her. After all, once we reach the top of the hill, we still gotta walk a bit more ... before reaching our lift.

Ok, ok. Think of sumthing witty to say.

Or perhaps shall I be funny and try to make her laugh?

Or perhaps the serious, mature but caring mode – I can ask her how she is, how she’s coping, whether she’s facing any more difficult legal questions etc.

Or maybe I could be naughty and tease her in a good humoured way.

Whatever it is, I better decide fast cuz I was catching up. Her hair looks so nice in the morning sun. it’s more wavy now than curly. She was wearing a black blouse and a flat sole sandal. She is quite tall for a Chinese Malaysian.

Ok, I’m behind her now. Slow down a little – I wouldn’t want to be huffing and puffing when I talk to her, would i? Deep breaths.

As I begin to walk by her side, I was suddenly seized wif fear – wat if she’s not in the mood to chat? What if she is not interested at all. What if my funny line fell flat. What if she gets truly offended if I teased her? Wat if she finds the “serious” mode to be boring. Yeah, so many things can run thru my mind in a split second.

With so many “wat ifs”, I walked pass her and glanced over to her. She looked at me….

I smiled and said “Hi”.

She smiled and said “Hi”.

I turned away and sped off…

Pathetic-eh? :-(

posted by ____ @ 12/17/2004 01:12:00 AM

That was more than 3 years ago. Fast forward to present day - would you believe that i did the same thing again????? Some things never change...

*This was an Academy Award nominated song for the movie Poetic Justice where she also appeared in. This song always brings back memories of the good old days in London during me undergraduate days.

3 comments:

Gemynd said...

Hahaha, I'm sorry I can't come up with anything more constructive to say, but that's all I can do - laugh.

Forgive me, you're my lecturer. You have a wise, grown-man aura by default. It's just funny to see you being in these situations, so 'high-school'. But who hasn't been there before, eh?

Eep, cya at lecture in 3 hours.

queen shelby said...

"wise, grown-man aura" indeed!

;p

imissw said...

Thanks for promoting this post in your blog!!!

*sigh* sarcasm can't work on print...