Friday 25 January 2008

One moment in time* - Whitney Houston

This is Musée Marmottan Monet in Paris. That's the only photo i have of that place. For some reason, they saw it fit not to allow visitors take any photos inside the place - but to get an idea of how it looks like on the inside, check out the site here.

It was one of the highlights of my trip to Paris 2 autumns ago. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit there. Yes, i'm a big fan of Monet. No, i'm no expert in art. If you ask me why i like Monet, i won't be able to articulate my thoughts well. It's really simple for me - when it comes to art, it's all about feelings. And when i see a Monet, it evokes a wonderful feeling inside me - it's just the way how the colours just come to live, how a seemingly blurry painting evokes clear emotions, how paint on a canvas can be so so brilliantly beautiful.

In short, i just feeeeel goooood! :-)

As i couldn't take any photos, i spent a long long time there. I made sure i got me ticket price worth (typical M'sian). I looked at each paintings from various angles and from differing distances. I stood afar and sat nearby. At one point of time, i was literally moved to tears... It's just that i was overwhelmed by the beauty i was beholding.

I have to say it was at times, a bittersweet experience - there was this realisation that i will have to leave it here - i can never have it. It's not mine, and it can never be mine. I'll have the memories, i can see reproductions of it but it'll never be the same, would it?

But for that short period, that one moment in time, there was just me and the beauty. And that was good enuf for me. I left the place, not sorry that my visit had to end, but happy that it actually took place.

Funny how life imitates art...

*Recorded for the Olympic Games in Korea in 1988! Man, was that so long ago???

No comments: