Tuesday 15 January 2008

Through the rain* - Mariah Carey

When it rains, it pours.

Well, it's been cats and dogs in me life - and i'm drowning in the flood. Half a month of the new year has flown by. This week has been madness - and it's only Tuesday!!!!

Work has increased by 50% this term. I'm still paying the price for brilliantly setting the datelines for 2 essays on the same day - in the same week when they sat for a mock test - which means that i have tonnes of work to mark!!! Me mom has not been too well and i have to send her to do physiotherapy and babysit me niece. Moots are just around the corner. This week, with visitors from overseas, there're meetings fixed almost daily.

I'm just rushing from one thing to another, and trying to slip in as much sleep as i can. There are times when i'm feeling physically exhausted, emotionally drained and intellectually dry. An old tune from the past could bring tears...

Thank God church meetings are still at a minimum - and tonite's meeting was canceled (which meant i could blog...).

I'm so waiting for next Wednesday when there's a public holiday and i get a small breather...

Yet, i dun hate it. In some ways, it is nice to be busy, to be swamped with work and activities, to feel productive... and not to be concerned of the fact that i'll be monitored by the Reading people during lectures tomorrow - it's the least of me worries, honestly!!!

And i do not deny many brilliant moments tucked in between which just makes it all worthwhile - or just gives me the little extra to plod on (Cheers, CG!).

Well, the rain is still falling, but i know i'll make it thru - and i won't be alone. God will be wif me every step of the way.

"My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."

Note about the pic: Taken in Glasgow in winter of 2005.

*Released as the first single from her 8th album, it was hoped that it would success after the failure of the soundtrack to Glitter. It didn't. Still, i like the song!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey thought i'd let you know i'm still reading :) praying for god to sustain you through this busy period. take care mun onn!

imissw said...

cheers, mate. appreciate that.

u keeping pretty busy yerself too! need a speaker for the conference? first hand experience in OA work, Masters in LLM from UoE and desperately trying to get a free ticket to UK! LOL!

hope to see some vids of the gig this weekend!