Saturday 19 January 2008

Blessed* - Darlene Zschech & Reuben Morgan

Finally, my "New Year post"!

Well, there are many reasons why i only kept it til now. First, i din wanna be like every other blogger who blogged at the beginning of January about the year before and looks ahead to the new year. Secondly, i've been so, so busy!!!!!!!!

Thirdly, i was waiting for this day.


What is the significance of this day? Today marks my 1 year anniversary of being home! Yup, i touched down on me "Water-land" (tanah-air) this time last year. And a year has gone by...

I remember my final post for 2006 (see here) where i was filled wif great expectations after the wonderfully brilliant 2006. However, 2007 started off badly. I got home, din i? The fact that i returned only showed that things were not good.

And i have been goin round telling people how much i hate being home, how i wish i was back in the UK - or at least somewhere else. I remember chatting wif a fren in Beijing and telling her that things were not so good. I was telling her that it was like i had such a good time in 2006 that it's payback time in 2007.

But if i were to be honest and look back, it was only because of one event - one long-running series of events, actually, which made me really hate being back home. It was something i wished i din have to go thru. It is something i would not wish for anyone to go thru.

But go thru it i had to. And i know that it could have been worse. Much, much worse. God was indeed very gracious.

Anyways...

2007 really wasn't too bad, actually. But i'm really not expecting much in the year ahead. Just go on wif life and make the best in everything. Work hard, play hard, pray hard! No resolutions - gave that up eons ago!!!

And i really shouldn't seem ungrateful - ungrateful to God for blessing me tremendously in many ways, ungrateful to me family who has and is still loving me unconditionally, ungrateful to me mates who have been there for me, ungrateful to me students who have added so much colour in my life.

Yes, i have been blessed.

Here's a tribute to the year before (20/1/07 - 19/1/08) - these are some highlights and key moments:-


Left to right, top to bottom:- Got me foundation cert in TESOL - my passport out of this country in the future; traveled to Penang; walked in the rain at Fraser's; played wif me nephew and niece at our private pool in M'cca; got me DSLR; had a life-changing experience on a mission trip to Romania; managed to catch the sunset over Colchester again; fulfilled a long time wish by traveling to Mersea for seafood wif me mates; loitered in London; ate Krispy Kreme doughnuts (the earth stood still!!!!); ran the OA Youth Camp while still jet-lagged; started a new life at TUC and got to know some wonderful students; spoke at a youth camp; went caroling; had a brilliant time being in the choir, practising and fellowshipping; jogging around the Subang lake.

*The first song of the album of the same name, it was recorded live at Sydney Entertainment Centre in early 2002. I actually bought the album by mistake but i love it!

4 comments:

Cereal said...

krispy kremes rocks!!

imissw said...

Guess wat? There's a krispy kreme outlet in Reading!!!!!!

Enjoy!

...and i'll come look for you guys... if our wonderful programme director actually lets us go on leave during our vacation!!!!

Mel said...

And i have been goin round telling people how much i hate being home, how i wish i was back in the UK - or at least somewhere else.

I know what you mean. There are times when I wished that I stayed on. Just that the mindset here is so different that sometimes you can't help feeling frustrated about it.

And yes, there's a Krispy Kreme's in Reading! I used to go there every week to get the glazed doughnuts!

imissw said...

every week?????

*turns green wif envy*