Monday 28 January 2008

Mood Swings* - Debbie Gibson

You find yourself falling down
Your hopes in the sky but your heart like grape gum on the ground
And you try to find yourself
In the abstractions of religion and the cruelty of everyone else
And you wake up to realise
Your standard of living somehow got stuck on survive

You realise your only friend
Has never been yourself or anyone who cared in the end
That's when everything fades or falls away
Cause the chains which once held us are only the chains which we've made

We sacrifice our pride, compromised our health
We must demand more, not of each other, but more from ourselves

(Deep Water; Jewel Kilcher)

Sun sets 'cross the ocean
I'm a thousand miles from anywhere
My pocketbook and my heart both just got stolen
And the sun act like she don't even care

I've been down so long
Ooh, it can't be longer still
I've been down for so long
That the end must be drawing near

(Down So Long; Jewel Kilcher)

*Track 12 from her third (and my fav) album, Anything is Possible.

No comments: