Saturday 8 November 2008

Drink with me* - Cast of Les Misérables

Drink with me to days gone by
Sing with me the songs we knew

Here's to pretty girls who went to our heads.
Here's to witty girls who went to out beds.
Here's to them and here's to you!

Drink with me to days gone by
To the life that used to be
At the shrine of friendship, never say die
Let the wine of friendship never run dry

Here's to you and here's to me

(Herbert Kretzmer)

Last nite was fun. Good food, chor tai ti, booze, laughter all around. Reminds me of the good old days at Rayleigh 11, the times spent with me flatmates over a drink - it can be a serious time of chatting and sharing, or just joking around and teasing, or dancing on the kitchen benches (the ceiling was too low for us to dance on the tables!).

Here's my tribute to those days.



*Taken from the musical Les Misérables, this was the revolutionaries' mellow song in Act II as night falls and they await their enemy's retaliation.

No comments: