Monday 24 November 2008

I have a dream* - Amanda Seyfried

I have always dreamed of having a white Christmas. It has never happened. But I came so close!!!

My first Christmas in the UK, it was forecasted to be below 6 degrees on Christmas Eve night. It did not snow.

My second Christmas in the UK, i made sure the chances of a white Christmas were higher - i spent Christmas in Scotland. It did not snow. The irony was that while in (snow-less) Scotland, it snowed way down south east at my campus!!!

So i'm very excited when i read the news report about the cold snaps in the UK this weekend (you can read it here).


Snow in Scotland - pic taken from BBC News

The best part of course is the penultimate paragraph which reads as follows:-
Bookmakers William Hill have slashed the odds on snow falling on Christmas Day in London from 8/1 to 6/1 and in Glasgow the odds are 7/2.

Those are pretty good odds, aren't they?


Perhaps this is the year when my dream comes true?


My first ever experience with snow!

*This is the version found in the soundtrack of the movie Mamma Mia. Love this version!

No comments: