Wednesday 19 November 2008

Touch my body* - Mariah Carey

While they were still talking about this, Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, "Peace be with you."

They were startled and frightened, thinking they saw a ghost. He said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts rise in your minds? Look at my hands and my feet. It is I myself! Touch me and see; a ghost does not have flesh and bones, as you see I have." When he had said this, he showed them his hands and feet.

Luke 24:36-40

The Bible makes it clear. Jesus was resurrected. He rose again from the dead. No, not like a zombie but he became alive again. It wasn't just his spirit which showed itself. He appeared in bodily form. He asked his (skeptical) disciples to touch him, to realise that he was indeed flesh and bones. He even ate with them.

Many today still deny his resurrection. Perhaps it is just due to a simple refusal to accept anything which is supernatural.

But as we studied the passages on the resurrection recently in BSF, i am reminded of how strong the evidence is in support of it. It is not out of blind faith that we believe. On the contrary, the Bible tells us that faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of what we do not see.

You too can have the same faith!

*Her 18th no. 1 single.

No comments: