Wednesday 7 July 2010

Fool* - Marié Digby

Suarez did what ANYONE would have done.

Anyone who says otherwise is either a liar or a fool.
This was a comment left at the BBC Sports website by a reader regarding what Uruguayan football player Suarez did (see here).



I respectfully disagree with it.

I'm not trying to take the moral high ground here - but doing such a thing is not an option. It will not even cross my mind. What i would have done is to throw myself towards the ball and try to deflect it away with my head or my body. But to blatantly use my hands intentionally to push the ball away - no.
I know a lot of my frens in church would think the same (altho i know of others too who think that people like Suarez is a hero). I guess it's cuz of our upbringing based on the Bible and the lessons learned - to be right and blameless in everything we do.

[i'm not saying all Christians would not react in the same way, nor am i saying all non-christians would react in the same way.]

This matter came to mind again as we did our Bible study recently on 1 Peter 4 - that others would think it strange when Christians refuse to join in things like "debauchery, lust, drunkenness, orgies, carousing and detestable idolatry".

Yeah, a lot of people will think we are fools - but as Christians, we are to expect it. If you are one of those who are considered fools (for doing wat the Bible says, not for being a fool!!!!), then take heart - you are on the right track. If you are one of those who think we Christians are fools, well, you are entitled to your views, no worries. But do give us a chance to explain why we follow the Bible like we do.


Pic taken from various sites online

*First track from her debut studio album, Unfold.

No comments: