Thursday 22 July 2010

Invisible man* - 98 Degrees

I was walking up the stairs and he was seated not too far away. he looked at my direction and i was not more than 10 feet away. I smiled - but he just looked away. As if i wasn't there at all.

This is not the first time things like this happen to me. Weeks ago, i was at the nasi lemak stall near campus. Being a typical roadside stall, there was no proper queue. People just came and stood around the stall and waited to be served. Usually, the ladies there would know who came first - and if they were mistaken, us customers would kindly point out that another person came before us. But that morning, the lady kept on ignoring me!!!! And it's not like i'm such a small person that she could miss me. Furthermore, i was wearing a bright orange shirt (Holland won earlier that morning).

At another incident, i was walking into a building. The security guard greeted the man in front of me. He then acted like he din see me. I thought, fine. Maybe he knew the guy in front of me personally. As i walked pass him, i heard him greeting the man directly behind me!!!!!

But honestly, the incident with security guard and the nasi lemak lady did not bother me much. But the first incident above did. And i was surprised at how hurt i was.

However, at the end of the day, i told meself that it does not matter. So what if my own church elder who has known me for more than 20 years ignored me? I am reminded of our BSF study of the gospel of John, specifically John chapter 10 verses 1-18 that God knows me personally. He knows me by name. He is the good shepherd and i am his sheep - and he will never forget me nor will he neglect me.

And that should be all that matters.


He has a lot of sheep but yet he know each one by our names!

*The first single from their debut album which was their breakthru hit.

No comments: