Tuesday 3 April 2007

Home* - Michael Bublé

It had been two weeks and as instructed, i checked online for the status of my MyKad (Malaysian Identity Card) application. I typed in my card number and i'm informed that they have received no such application!!!!!!!

**********

I go around Penang Island, looking for a bed in any hostel to crash in. "How much are your dorm beds?" "Where are you from?" "KL", i replied. "Sorry, locals are not allowed inside the dorms. You have to take a single room". This happened over and over again!!!! Reverse discrimination???

**********

I write in to the Human Rights Commission to enquire if there are any vacancies. I send the mail to their general e-mail address. The mail gets returned with a message that the mailbox is full!!!!! What if i had a real human rights issue???

**********

On the way back from Penang, i stopped by the Tapah reststop to buy some seedless guavas. The chinese lady there gave me a good offer and i went off, happy. Upon reaching back, me mom opened the plastic bag and found that most of the guavas were in fact seeded!!!!

**********

I approached this man who was browsing thru the materials at the stall i was working at in the British Council Education Fair. "Can i help you, sir?" He pulled me off to one side and then started to sell me this herbal product from the States!!!!!!

**********

Apparently (to be confirmed), according to Chinese newspapers, a lady was stopped one night by some policemen because her number plate on her car was cracked. Fearing for her own safety, she demanded first that they show her their police identity card. She was immediately hauled back to the station and locked-up for one nite!!!!

**********

The government has taken some positive steps to ensure transparency during the next elections. They will provide translucent ballot boxes!!!!!!!!!

**********

Ok, altogether now - WHAT THE.....?????????????

Sigh... it's true when they say that there's no place like home!!!

Oh well... this is home and i guess i just have to make the best of it!

I must say tho that home is a wonderful tourist destination (if you can disregard the condition of the public toilets!!!). I've been around in M'cca and Penang in recent weeks and i thoroughly enjoyed it as a tourist! We do indeed have a rich culture - and the fact that we M'sians consist of 3 major races (altho not equal in rights) adds colour to our land. Look at this photo i took in Penang - where else can you find a street decorated with Chinese lanterns that ends with a Mosque?


Anyways, here's me small part to the Visit Malaysia 2007 campaign - i've set up a blog (in the very patriotic colours of red, white, blue and yellow) of photos of touristy sights in Malaysia. Here's a collage of my first post of pics taken at KLCC to whet your appetite!



Check out the blog here. I hope i have the time to update the blog on a weekly basis! Coming soon are me pics taken in Penang recently!

* Hit single from his 2nd studio album, it won the Juno Award for Single of the Year in 2006

No comments: