Thursday 5 April 2007

Perfect* - Simple Plan

"Wow, you've got all As! That's very good!", i told me nephew after browsing thru his report card.

He replied in a sad voice, "But i did not get 100 marks for anything..."!!!

Wha..??? I tried to reassure him that it did not matter but he din seem to buy it.

I learnt later that there was this girl who did score a 100% - i'm not sure for how many subjects. I find it sad that even at such a young age, the pressure to be perfect - not just good or hard-working - is oredi there!!!

But i realised just now that i'm prolly just as bad. I received the marks for me TESOL foundation examination and i scored a 95%. Truth be told, i was disappointed at not getting full marks!!! I only missed out on 2 questions...

I dun deny that i used to have this perfectionist tendencies in the past - but i've been trying to let it go as it brought me much unhappiness. Since no one can be perfect, everyone will disappoint me - including meself. Especially meself!!!

I am trying hard but sometimes i still become that perfectionist that everyone hates.

Oh well... What can i say? Nobody's perfect! ;-)

ADDENDUM

I just read this and had to add it to this post. According to
this news report, bowel pain is linked to perfectionism!!!!!! How interesting! That explains why i constant exhibit symptoms like diarrhoea, constipation, abdominal pain and bloating. Another reason to stop being a perfectionist!

*Their biggest hit on Billboard Hot 100, a song regarded by some as Simple Plan's "signature song".

2 comments:

ye said...

have u ever tested for ABS? cos the symptoms are similar, but ABS is caused by virus

imissw said...

erm... ABS? the only ABS i know is connected to cars! ;-P

have a brilliant trip! will be praying for yr safety!