Monday 2 April 2007

Relax* - Frankie Goes To Hollywood

It's Monday and i'm oredi feeling exhausted!!!! I foresee next Monday to be the same - or prolly i'll be feeling even more tired then!!!!

In some ways, i miss my weekends in the UK!!!! Weekends in the UK is how IMHO God wanted us to spend it - by resting and relaxing!!!! :-) OK, OK - i know God only set aside one day....

Me weekends in the UK will start on Friday evenings - free Japanese movies screened by the Japanese society. The movies are all top class features. Thereafter, back to the flats for dinner. If there's no one to chat wif, then it's back to me room to blog, surf the net and watch Buffy or another movie! :-)

Then i'll sleep all the way til lunch time on Saturday. When me flatmates see me amble into the kitchen bleary-eyes at 2 pm, they'd all wish me "Good morning"!!!! After fixing a quick breakfast - or to be more accurate, lunch - i'd be back in me room, first to chat wif me family and then for me weekly conference wif me mates - one in Sheffield, one in the States and one in M'sia. That was the best time since it'll be early in the morning in the US while it's late at nite in M'sia. After a hours of chatting and playing online games, it'll be time for me jog and then dinner! :-)

After another nite of watching movies or reading me Grisham books or more blogging, it'll be sleeping time again. Next morning - attending the morning service til lunch time. Walking to church is so pleasant!! Sometimes, someone will walk back wif me. Then back home, lunch, and off to the SU Bar to catch the live Sunday games there.

Back home, jog, dinner and finally, i'll start worrying about the reading i have to do before classes on Monday!!!!

I'll be really recharged and ready for the week ahead!


However, back home now, i'm reminded how the weekends are usually more tiring than the weekdays, wif so many activities. Last weekend started off wif a mandarin class early in the morning. I also had a mate from East M'sia over so all of us (ex-UEL mates) met up together for some wonderful banana-leave Indaian rice for lunch plus loads of cups of teh tarik and hours of catching up. We had a great time. :-)

Thereafter, to church for drama practice - yes, i missed the Liverpool-Arsenal game. After drama prac, i had to do some late nite shopping for me mom - promised to do it after Mandarin classes in the morn but it was so jammed packed and no parking then!!!!

Next morn had to attend service - unlike in the UK where it starts at 11, it starts at half 8!!!! And unlike the 1 hour service in the UK, our service is usually slightly more than 2 hours!!!!! On top of that, we had a special speaker yesterday (see here) and i had to rush home and pick up me parents and back again to listen to Tony Anthony. His sharing was brilliant but the meeting ran for another 2 hours!!!!!

After lunch, went back for an afternoon nap before back in church again for drama prac - hey, Easter is approaching!!!! After prac, went out for one last supper wif me Sabah-an mate b4 she returns on Tuesday.

Tried to get 6 hours of sleep before work today but din. Still, had more than 5. And there was no work today - tt's why i'm blogging now!!!!!!

This coming weekend wil prolly be worse since it's Easter weekend!!!!

I'm feeling so tired now - and i miss me lazy, laid-back, relaxing weekends... but i dun deny i'm having fun in the midst of all the activities! And i guess the activities helped me replax to a certain extent. :-)

*One of the most controversial and successful hits in the UK - it was banned by BBC when it hit no. 1 and the ban extended for the 5 weeks it was in the top spot. As such, they were not allowed to perform on BBC's Top of the Pops which just showed a still picture of the group and airing a performance by another group!!!!!

No comments: