Friday 25 April 2008

Keep on running* - Goldspot

It's Friday! I decided to treat meself to a movie. Something light. I decided on this:-



I've been a huge fan of Simon Pegg since the brilliant Shaun of the Dead which left me in tears - laughing!!! However, Hot Fuzz was a disappointment to me. I guess that helped cuz i kept me expectations low this time. I really enjoyed it!!!

Sure, it had every
cliché in the book, and is as predictable as the rain in London! And wat kind of a storyline is it??? Someone who decides to run a marathon to win the love of the one he loves? Come on!!!!

Yet it works!!!! I'm not spoiling it in any way when i reveal here that (quick!!!! stop reading if you really dun wanna know the ending) he finishes the marathon and wins the love of the girl.


But, yes, it worked!!! Maybe it's Simon Pegg. Maybe it's his wonderful supporting cast. Or that it's David Schwimmer on the director's seat. Perhaps it's the simple story of what a man would do for love. Or the mushy heart-warming underdog who makes it story. And the fact that it was based in London with all the familiar sights and the streets of London surely played a part - for me, anyways! And of course, with the resurrection of my love for running and taking part in marathons, this movie surely hit the right notes for me!


Brilliant! :-)


*Their remake of The Spencer Davies' Group's motown classic which topped the charts in the UK way back in 1966. this remake was featured in Run Fatboy Run.

2 comments:

Mel said...

*chalks this up in the 'movies to watch' list*

But I found Hot Fuzz extremely funny!!

imissw said...

Have u watched 'Shaun of the dead'? Maybe after that, my expectations were too high for 'Hot Fuzz' - not saying that it wasn't good.

Just a disclaimer - Run, fatboy, run is not that funny. It just worked for me! :-)