Sunday 27 April 2008

Words get in the way* - Jewel



Lost me voice this week. Occupational hazard? Well, i'm really thankful it happened this week. I just completed classes for the October intake last week - it would have been really bad for them if i lost me voice last week.

And thank God that i recovered most of me voice by today cuz i had to take a session with the youths today. It went well, i was told. All glory to God. I could feel me voice getting stronger as the session went on - and even rewarded meself wif some pretty good coffee swiss-rolls at the end!!!

In any event, taking a session for Youth Alpha is almost a no brainer - everything is prepared. I'm just more like a facilitator. The materials are quite good - sufficient variety to keep the interests of the young ppl.

It's times like these when one realises how we take things for granted - the simple ability to speak, to voice our thoughts, to simply communicate... When i lost me voice on Wednesday, i was walking to me car when i saw SW walking to the bus-stop. I decided to call her to ask if she needed a lift. As i opened me mouth to speak, i realised i had no voice!!!!! It was wif much difficulty i managed to croak my offer to her!!! She must be thinking it was a bad connection or sumthing!!!

It has been a pretty tiring week, tho, notwithstanding the loss of voice. Been on an emotional rollercoaster - but wat's new, you may ask?Dun know but this time it seems worse. Someone sent me a msg asking me how i was holding up. She said, '...you sound so hormonal over your Facebook status. It changes all the time from one extreme to another'. Hormonal??? Lol!!!

I was looking at me blog - there were 42 posts up last month. A record! It's coming to the end of this month and i haven't even reached half that number yet!!! I wonder if i'm getting too self-conscious on me blog. Too many ppl are reading it (when i say many, i mean 'many' in the context of me blog - which is abt 50 a day). I dun know if i'm ready to reveal so much of meself...

But then again, i've been too drained to blog anyways. The words are not coming as easily as they used to. In fact, i'm struggling just to complete this...

On a totally unrelated note, i guess it may be good if i lose me voice more! I was told the other day that ppl at another campus are talking about our internal problems here - and apparently, i was the source of their info!!!! I was like, 'What the...????' I dun know anyone there!!!!!!!!! So even if i did not keep me mouth shut, i couldn't have been the one, could i??? Sigh... oh well...

*Track 7 from her Goodbye Alice in Wonderland album.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the gossips.
You should put your energy in taking good care of yourself, and get well soon. ^_^

imissw said...

cheers, mate!

Anonymous said...

Hey, try to get the office to give you a mic - it'll help with the voice. Either that or take lots of rest, drink heaps of honeyed water and start practising your vocal cords by singing. XD

imissw said...

A mic is good i suppose. But i feel restricted with it. Unless i get a clip-on or a cordless one - which we dun hv on campus.

Anyways, most of me classes have been moved out of the lecture halls and into classrooms.

i guess i just have to watch what i eat - and the honeyed water would help too!

i oso must try talking the way i sing!!! i can't do that - talk from me diaphragm! i realised - accidentally - that when i lost me voice, i could still sing!!!

Anonymous said...

We do have one clip on mic. Well, in fact two. One is owned by your neighbour.

The other one is in the program office. Just that the hassle of borrowing it deters most people away.