Sunday 20 March 2011

Keep the faith* - Bon Jovi

I found this post in my drafts folder. It was empty save for the title and this pic:-



This pic was actually one of the last slides i used for my last sermon some time last year. The sermon was based on 1 Samuel 31.

Basically, it was about the death of King Saul, the first king of Israel. He died a sad, lonely, tragic and violent death - and the Bible tells us that the reason was because he was unfaithful to the Lord (1 Chronicles 10:13).

In my sermon, i traced back to his past, how he started so well as king! But soon after, he started turning away from God.

He was given many chances in his lifetime - but altho he felt regret at times, he never really repented. And his end was sad.

I was sharing about how important it is to remain faithful - all the way. It was a good reminder for myself. The journey of life is a long race. A good start is important but that is not enough. I hope i will always remember that - to indeed keep the faith and finish the race well.

It is only by his grace and the power of the Holy Spirit that i can achieve that.

*The title track of their 5th studio album

No comments: