Monday 18 December 2006

Barcelona* - Jewel

Pic obtained from BBC News Online


Many hearts in Merseyside must have sunk when the team chosen to be Liverpool's next oppoent in the knock-out stages of the European Champions League was announced last week. The team that all the English clubs were trying to avoid, the holders of the Champions League Winners Cup, the team with Ronaldinho - Barcelona!!!!

Truth be told, i really din mind. There's this thing about the recent Liverpool team that dun give me the confidence when they meet lower ranking teams. But when they face strong teams, they either rise to the occasion or... lose. If it is the latter, it doesn't hurt so bad cuz they lost to Barcelona!!!! Not Lille... or Arsenal! ;-P

And Liverpool always does well when they have the under-dog tag. Who doesn't love the under-dog?

But what really sank my heart was when i saw the date of the match - February 21, 2007. That means that i'll most probably be watching the game in Malaysia. A voice within me cried out "Noooooooooooooo....".

I guess deep down inside, a part or me is not ready to go back yet... :-(


p/s - i just realised that this is my first Liverpool FC related post! Has it been that long since i blogged about them?


*From my favourite Jewel's album, Spirit.

No comments: