Tuesday 5 December 2006

Without you* - Mariah Carey

I've not been really good at corresponding over e-mails in recent times - but it has become worse in the past month or so. I guess some explanation is needed, esp to those who've mailed me and are wondering why i never bothered to reply.

I’m internet-less in London. Heck, there was a point of time when I was even laptop-less! But as me mate would say, it’s better to be laptopless in London than to be topless in London!!!

Sure, there are at least 3 internet cafés in the town i'm in – but as I’m not only internet-less but also job-less, I’m trying to keep expenses low. I’ve tried to check for wire-less connection but can’t find any near me place. Applying for an internet connection would mean signing a 12 months contract. Oh well…

It’s good to know that I can live without broadband internet at my fingertips.

It is difficult, tho. Job hunting is severely impaired. No more Saturday meeting and “Hearts” session wif me mates. Can’t chat on MSN. No idea how the weather is gonna be. Unable to “google” something when I come across sumthing I need to know or dun understand. Out of touch with the news of the world...



So wat do i do for internet? I go to the local library for the free internet facilities they have there.

So there I’ll be, as early as I can. I have to take a number and sometimes wait for up to 30 mins before being allocated a PC. It’s alrite cuz I use the time to read newspapers – something I haven’t done for so long. Why bother reading newspapers when you can read the same – and even more – on-line?

After 1 hour, the librarian would come up to me and tell me to finish up. As they take my details each time I’m allocated a PC, I will not be allowed to take a number again for that day – only once a day, 1 hour a day.

It has taken some getting used to. For the 12 months in Colchester, the first thing I’d do when I wake up in the morning is to get online – and the last thing I do is to close the internet connection and turn off me laptop.

Mind you - an hour on-line flies quickly. So that explains why my delay in replying e-mails have become worse!!!!

And for those who may be waiting for my Europe trip pics, I guess you have to wait for a while longer. :-(


But things are changing now... more on this in the next couple of days!

* Her remake of Air Supply's soppy song (was theirs a remake too?) which hit the charts during me first stay in London years ago!

No comments: