Thursday 28 December 2006

Mad World* - Michael Andrews featuring Gary Jules

News reports say that the Boxing Day sales this year hit a new record. I believe the reports. I was there!!!!!!



I had to go and experience it for meself, having missed it last year while driving all over in the Scottish Highlands. So, after taking 2 buses and spending close to 3 hours travelling time, i stepped out in Oxford Street, London, on Boxing Day. It was madness!!!!!

So many people...

Chaos...

And prams!!!!!!! So many prams!!!!!!! I can still picture me mate's cousin ranting on about how people should not take prams along when going shopping! :-) She's right, tho!

I texted her earlier to see if we could meet up and her reply was as follows:-

"I'm caught in d middle of shopping crowd, not funny. Will hav 2 let you know later when i can think properly..."

I knew what she meant!!!! After a couple of hours, i gave up and went back to Barking for a nap. i felt sick (and a little high from trying on too much perfume! hehehe).

Today, i was there again - and the crowds were there too - even more!!!!!!! Can't breathe, can't think, can't.... resist!!!! ;-P

I tired to find some solace and peace in the National Gallery later in the day - only to find it packed!!!! I've never in me life seen so many people in the NG!!!


View from the NG - my last X'mas in London?

Am so exhausted now... and poorer. But the highlight for me was being able to meet up wif me mate along wif her mates.

And i can boast that i survived Boxing Day at Oxford/Regent/Bond Street, London.

*Nice haunting little song - used in many TV programmes like CSI & Smallville.

No comments: