Sunday 17 December 2006

Never say goodbye* - Bon Jovi

One of the common farewell wishes here is "See you later!" (either "see ya late-er" or "see ya lay-tah"). It is used when the later could mean tomorrow, or next week, or even sometime much later in the future.

As i was leaving Food-on-3 at the end of another long day yesterday, Ann said that to me in her distinct Scottish accent, as she did almost every other day. But this time round, we dun know when the "later" is gonna be - or if there'll be one. It was after all, my last day there.

Déjà vu .... (cue: Twillight Zone music)

Those reading my previous blog would recall at least 2 or 3 other occasions which were my "last day" at Food-on-3.

It's funny how things work out. We say goodbye but sometimes, fate - for want of a better word - brings us back together again. I said me goodbyes to Food-on-3, Rayleigh Tower, University of Essex and Colchester - many times oredi - but here i am, back in Computer Lab F, blogging about working at Food-on-3 yesterday, and later, i'll be going back to Rayleigh Tower to sleep. Yes, i'm back on campus, back in Uni, in Colchester**. When i read my post about the things i'd miss (see here), i had to smile - cuz i'm doing all those things again!!! Yes, even drafting essays!!! (I had to draft a long cover note for me job application to the UN).

Things never work out the way we expect them to. that's loosely taken from "While you were Sleeping" - and it can be so true.

It may be a little scary but if we believe that God is in control of it, we can put aside our fears and sit back and enjoy the journey.

So i've learnt to never say goodbye. Because you never know when we'll meet again.

See ya late-er! ;-)

*One of me mate's favourite song - never fail to remind me of her each time i hear it. We used to study in UM together - but what we din know at that time was that we'd end up working in the same room in the same office and being great frens!

**So yes, technically, the title of this blog is misleading and incorrect now. But surely you dun expect me to change blog again? Some of me mates will kill me....

No comments: