Sunday 25 February 2007

If ever you're in my arms again* - Peabo Bryson

I miss my bolster! :-(

It wasn't really bad when i was in the UK - after all, i had a nice soft duvet to hug to sleep every nite - and during the warm summer nites, i'll roll it up to use like a bolster.

But after moving out of me room and having to sleep in a sleeping bag on the floor for a couple of weeks, i started to miss having a bolster. A little. So it was wif great joy when we were travelling around France and came to this Youth Hostel in Carcasone where they had bolsters!!!!! (see pic on the right). The catch however was that they din give pillows! What the...???

Anyways, when i got home, i found out that me bolster and me blanket have both been... "sacrificed"!!!! My blanket is now four separate bathroom floor mats while me bolster... no, it's too painful to even talk about it!!!!

Still, i heroicly told me mom that i dun need a bolster, having survived so long without one. But the thing is that we dun use duvets here - not unless one wants to wake up drenched in sweat in the middle of the nite!!!! So there's nothing to hug.

I had to make do wif a small cushion but i knew it was time to get a new bolster! I told me mom about it when we were out shopping the other day. And guess wat greeted me in me room when i got home today? Take a look:-



Yippee!!!! But hang on, dun pop no champange bottles yet! All is not as it seems to be!!!!

It was actually a "second-hand" bolster!

And guess who used it before?

It was me nephew!!!!!

And guess wat was the reason why it's no longer his?

He OUTGREW it!!!!!!!

In light of this new info, let's look at it in a clearer persepective - here's me new bolster:-



I took it down, found me mom, held it up and looked at her. We just both broke out in laughter!!! She did try to explain that she din know wat to do wif it for now and since i was pining for one...

Oh well... it'll have to do. For now!!! Just until i get a new one!

*His greatest solo hit, hitting the charts in 1985

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha. interesting post esp since i recently posted one on the same topic! :) i've missed mine for the past 10 years, well, on-and-off. sleep isn't the same without it.

on another note, interesting also to see you using the word 'duvet' while aussies call it a 'doona' and i've received a whole lotta flack for that!! i still reckon doona is a funnier name :p

and englishman tells me 'duvet' actually just means 'cover'?

imissw said...

Any similarities with any other posts in any other blogs is purely coincidental!

:-P

According to Wikipedia (again!), duvet is french for "down" and it is referring to the down feathers used to fill the duvets.

Down feathers in turn are the "soft, fluffy immature feathers which grow on young birds" (got that from Wiktionary!!!!).

And tt's the end of today's trivia! ;-)