Saturday 21 March 2009

Everytime I close my eyes* - Babyface

Yes, some lame DJ in the past commented that 'Every time I close my eyes... i fall asleep'.

I'm saying the same thing now.

I was sitting in a colleague's room and we were chatting. Another colleague came in and joined our conversation. It was getting rather warm in his room and i shut me eyes to rest them just for a second or two. I promptly fell asleep.

When i woke up, me colleagues were laughing me!!! They started making jokes about me staying up late playing computer games like some students of ours - or that i was still suffering from jet-lag since coming back from Saigon!!!!

But really, i've been so tired. And so sleep-deprived. That wasn't the first time when i just shut me eyes for a second or two and then fall into deep slumber! It has happened when i was in me car (thankfully, it was at the traffic lights). It threatened to happen during the staff meeting when i was sitting directly opposite the Reading School of Law head! And yes, it threatened too when we were at the Courts in Saigon and i was seated next to the Chief Justice!!!!

It has gotten worse lately. Previously, i could sneak in some sleep in the evenings. But with Easter practices and other distractions taking up all my free time, sleep is obtained thru stolen cat-naps like a stray (smelly?) cat scavenging for scraps in a dark alley - the journey back from Bar Council, the few moments in me colleague's room, the precious seconds in me car before the lights turn green and the cars behind honk at me...


Sneaking in some sleep in the corner of the top floor of an orphanage in Saigon. Nope, the pic was not taken by a student. By a staff!!! You'd think that adults dun do this kinda things anymore...

I just wish i could sleep now til August!!!!

The plus point about this is that i could just go to sleep at the drop of a hat! I had always been envious of those who can fall asleep the moment their head touches the pillow. I still can't do that but i'm just a couple of seconds slower than them now! Literally!

OK - to sleep now!

*One of his solo hits, this song featured Mariah Carey on backing vocals and Kenny G on the sax.

No comments: