Tuesday 3 March 2009

She will be loved* - Maroon 5

I remember walking around Mid-Valley with her. It was late and the shops were mostly closed. We stood outside this card shop and looked in, reading the cards and laughing at some of the funny ones.

I used to go back to that same card shop many times after she left, just trying to recapture that moment, imagining seeing her image reflected in the store window, standing next to me. I stopped doing that only after the shop closed down.

Suntec City - right at the top floor. We randomly chose this cafe and sat there for hours, chatting. So long that till today, I still remember the cafe tables very well! It was glass top and underneath the glass were coffee beans! The cafe is no longer there - or perhaps they have changed the tables...

Driving back from a wonderful outing to Genting Highlands, everyone else was sleeping but she kept awake to keep me company as i took the wheels.

Drama practice, rum and raisin ice cream, Burger King, P Tinto's Miracle, long chats, loads of laughter...

Suddenly all these memories came back to me - almost like the rain last Sunday, it poured relentlessly, sweeping me away in a wave of its strong currents of emotions. What triggered it? A simple text message from her early this morning. It ended with a simple "See u soon".

Yeah, i'll be seeing her soon. This weekend, to be exact. And i suddenly felt so excited for her! My dear little 'sister' is getting married this weekend! All grown up, a woman, about to embark on a new journey of her interesting life. I'm happy to have played a supporting role, albeit i would have wished for a more recurring role! Still, i'm glad i have made several guest appearances in these past few seasons.

She's gonna look so gorgeous this weekend, that i'm sure! And yes, she will be loved!

*This songs always have reminded me of her. I think she was the one who first told me about this song.

No comments: