Monday 23 March 2009

Goodbye* - Air Suppy



Somewhere in sweltering Saigon earlier this week:-

Moi: Four US dollars!

VC: No, no. Five US dollars!!!!


Moi: Four!


VC: No, sir. Five US dollars!


Moi: But my friend just bought it for four!!!


VC: No, sir. No. Five US dollars!!!


Moi: Come on.... four! Yes? Four?


VC: Sir, cannot. Five!!! This is a good buy!!!!


Moi: A good buy??? Well, then, GOODBYE!




I stormed off, feeling quite please at my witty retort! But the feeling lasted only for a few seconds and i realised that no one is chasing after with a stuffed rabbit offering it at USD4. Well, i was unhappy! After all, Nic got his at USD4. Why is this guy now refusing to go lower than 5???



Prologue: Much later, at a different stall a bit away, i jumped when someone came up to me and said, "Sir, five US dollar"!!! I then recognised him as the bunny guy. I shook me head and said, "No, no. Four US dollar!" And to my pleasant surprise, he agreed, led me back to his stall and sold me that lil critter for USD4! :-)




*Taken from their 12th album which did rather well only in certain Asian countries.

No comments: