Monday 27 July 2009

Alone again (naturally)* - Vonda Shepherd

My ex-girlfriend told me once that the reason why she knows that our relationship will not work out is because i am not the 'type' that can carry on a long term relationship.

It's so ironic that she felt that way - cuz that only showed how well she knew me. And because she knew me so well, she decided she could not be with me anymore!!!

Well, some things never change. So it's back to being The Lone Ranger or Han Solo again. Watched Harry Potter by meself last Friday. Satisfied my craving for spicy food with a nice banana leaf meal just now.

The scary part of it all is that it felt so normal!!! It's like i've been on me own for so long that it is natural for me to be alone again. There was a strange sort of comfort that the familiar feeling brought. No awkwardness. No longing for company. No regrets...?

There was a funny kind of contentment, of freedom, of liberty.

Yet, deep inside, i'm hoping for things to revert back to how it was.

*Her version of this Gilbert O'Sullivan's song.

No comments: