Friday 17 July 2009

The flu song* - Jewel

So i woke up with a bad throat. Must have been the fried chicken? Lack of water? Ah well...

But things got interesting late in the evening when i started having chest pains! That's ok - until tGiF told me that chest pains is one of the symptoms for H1N1 flu!!! So tt's 2 symptoms - sore throat and chest pains. I checked online for other symptoms - but they were all too general. Headaches - i get that almost on a daily basis. Shortness of breath - well, i am out of shape so i do suffer from this once in a while. Lethargy and unable to get up from bed - i go thru this EVERYDAY!!!!

But just to be on the safe side, i agreed to go and see a doctor. I was honestly more worried about the people around me - me mom and sis, and especially the small kids! On top of that, i'm supposed to go to Ipoh this weekend and among other things, have to attend a wedding dinner.

Checked in at the Emergency Ward at Subang Medical. I was wondering what would happen if i was really diagnosed with H1N1!!! Was planning to ask me sis to bring me laptop over so tt i can spend the next few days being quarantined and watching movies - while being attended by 'astronauts' (using the cute description used by one of my students when she was quarantined). Perhaps they would have to close down my college too! Woohoo! Big news! I'll be famous - the guy who shut down Taylor's!

A nurse attended to me first. Did the usual stuffs like checked blood pressure and took me temperature. She was more concerned about the chest pains and decided to do a Electrocardiography - an ECG.

Before i knew it, i felt like i was a stalled car with a dead battery and was about to be jumped started with around 10 cables connected to me! See the diagram below:-


(Pic taken from Wikipedia)

Initially, there was a perplexed look in the eyes of the nurse. Oh no - the truth is gonna be out. i am actually a heartless person!!!! But eventually, the machine thingy detected my heart and recorded the relevant info.

To cut the long story short, my heart is well. The chest pains were a symptom (most probably) of common flu, and not H1N1. Since i dun have fever or pneumonia, i should be alright.

The damage? RM216.80!!!!! But to sleep with a clear mind tonite? And for my loved ones not to worry? Priceless.

Praise God!

*I heard this song as it was included in her single for 'You were meant for me'.

No comments: