Friday 3 July 2009

Bad* - Michael Jackson



Last Sunday was the KL International Marathon. I had to go for it. After all, the KLIM 2008 was the first ever competitive long distance running i ever took part in!

But it was bad. :-(

I went there late. So i had to park quite a distance away!!!

By the time i got close to the starting point, i had to pee. Now here is a good thing about not being a girl. The queue for the guys was way much shorter! So tt's good. But the condition of the portable toilet... ugh... tt's something i need not have to see! It was filled almost to the brim - with... toilet stuffs la.

Anyways, no rush since we all have the timing chip on the running bib.

I had a bad time with the runners. i realise tt Malaysian runners run like how they drive!!!! Those who run slow or walked kept to the far right!!!!!! I used to get quite unhappy with ppl like these. I remember i would run pass them and shout out "please keep to the left". But those were the days of when i was running AND passing people!!!

Women runners piss me off just like women drivers!!!! There was this one woman who just suddenly stopped without much warning!!!

When i came to one of the water stations, i followed behind this woman. She took the cup... AND STOOD THERE DRINKING ALL THE WATER BEFORE MOVING ON!!!!! Take the water and bugger off, would ya?

And the same thing happened after the race. I was nicely queuing up for 100 Plus. This woman forced her way ahead of me. She had 2 cups in her hands so i concluded she was going for another round. She stood in front of me and drunk both cups and asked for another round of refill!!!!

Speaking of water, they ran out of water at the last running station! I expected better from Standard Chartered!!

But what was really bad - in fact, the worse thing - was meself! I was so unprepared for it!!! When i tried walking the other day, my feet hurt after walking for around 20 minutes!!!! How was i to run?



The last song i was listening to before i got out of me car was "Smooth Criminal". So that song stayed with me all the way!!! But it was 'playing' according to the pace i was going. So it was hte slowest version of Smooth Criminal you'd ever hear! Lol!

My time was really bad. It is embarrassingly bad!!!! I walked for most of it!!! On the bright side, i can't get any worse, can i? We'll see this Sunday at Ipoh!!!

(p/s - the photos were taken from this Marathon-Photos.com. Quite cool. Wonder how they actually tell who is in the photo. If you note the photo on the right, my hand was blocking my bib number! Good thing they had photos of me actually running!!!! I was walking most of the time)

*One of his no. 1 hit, apparently, it was supposed to be a duet with Prince!

2 comments:

vinegar said...

Wow, I am so proud of you! You have the guts to take the marathon challenge!!

Haven't been visiting your site for a while, hope you are doing fine.

Thank you for your message, it made me felt better.

imissw said...

hehe. it's no big deal. and maybe i didn't make it clear - i only took part in the 10 km run, not the full marathon!

glad u are feeling better! take care.