Wednesday 8 July 2009

A song for mama* - Boyz II Men

Well, this may seem out of the blue. Mother's Day has gone and passed. Why am i suddenly blogging about mothers?

Well, we need not only appreciate our mommies on Mother's Day, right?

Just a couple of incidents.

Incident #1

The first was when i got back from Ho Chi Minh City recently. One thing which i do which drives me mom up the wall is how i lock up my room when i'm out. She finally thought she'd outsmarted me when she started coming into my room thru the bathroom door.

So I figured out how to ensure she cannot do that - using a piece of rafia string, an old bad strap and a carabina!!! Connecting the bag strap to the door knob on one end and the window grill at the other, me mom could not enter me room anymore!!!

What really surprised me when i got home was that me mom changed the door know as it was faulty. On top of that, she got the lock smith to install a bolt on the door!!! Yes, i do not have to use that bag strap contraption anymore! I got a nice proper door bolt!!!

Why did she do that? It was totally against her self-interest!!! She did not stand to gain in any way!!!! But she did it cuz she knew i wanted it! And even tho she didn't want it, what i wanted was more important to her than what she wanted!

Is this true love or what?

Incident #2

I was staying at a tGiF's place when i went for the Ipoh Run. When i got back, they had all gone out for church service. I took me running vest which was still all soaked - with rain and sweat. I draped it over the front gate on a part which caught the sun.

When tGiF got back, her mom saw the vest. She took it IMMEDIATELY to the washroom and started to hand wash it for me!!!! She was still in her Sunday clothes when she did that! In a jiffy, me vest was nicely washed.

That's something that me mom would have done too! I always wondered why is it me mom would never put off doing something like that but her son procrastinates as much as he can!!!

Thank God for moms!

*This song which was written and produced by Babyface was also the theme song also for the movie Soul Food.

No comments: