Tuesday 14 July 2009

Everything changes* - Take That

I was looking down at my Tevas today. Soon, i'll not be wearing them anymore. I remember when i used to swear by Karrimor sandals. I loved them. Then came Teva. And soon - very soon, mind ya - i'll be joining on the Crocs bandwagon. Gonna be sad to say goodbye to me Tevas - it has been with me thru much. And has travelled to places that some can only dream of going to.

I remembered a post not too long ago where i talked about changing from Maxis to Digi. That was like a full circle.

Eventually, i'll be converting back to a Nokia handset too. yes, the circle will be complete then. I started off with a Nokia on Digi. And i'm heading back in that direction.

But it's not just tastes. It's views and values too. I remember i use to be a strong believer in "it's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all". I just read the same thing in someone's blog recently and i just said under my breath, "Loser".

*The title song for their 2nd album.

2 comments:

Ruey said...

Interesting take on the "loved and lost etc" angle. What wd be your view on that these days anyway?

Personally I find myself jaded on the whole "love" thing. Is it really worth all the pain & effort to place my hopes of happiness on an external factor? Wdn't it be far easier to be happy by jz relying on me, myself & i?

imissw said...

aiyo - that sounds so sad. dun give up and be jaded so early!!!!

my view? well, since i'm in 'it' now, i supposed the thought of having 'lose' it does not matter. so tt explains my cynicism. and my mean-ness towards the poor fren who's blog i was referring to. it's just tt i warned her b4 hand and she went in knowing very well tt it prolly won't work out.

but if i were to 'lose' it again, then i'm sure i would be a staunch believer of loved and lost theory all over again!