Tuesday 15 June 2010

Crash boom bang* - Roxette

I have thought of the title of this post before – but I had wished that I will never have to use it. Not to describe my own experience anyways.

But I’m doing that now.

Yes, I was involved in a car collision recently. And it wasn’t very pleasant – but then again, when will a car accident ever be pleasant?

Number plate blacked out to discourage ppl from buying 4-D number!!!!


First, it took place during my holiday! Yeah, kinda puts a damper on things, dun it? And it took place out of state, at a hill resort far far away from my home. How inconvenient!

The driver of the car which rammed into me was not apologetic. He refused to take any blame. And he was downright rude.

Oh, it wasn’t my car!!!! =(

Yet, as I drove to the police station, tGiF and I had time to talk about it – and calm down. And suddenly, we were actually thanking God! When that started, we began to realize that there were so many things to thank God for!

The obvious one was that we were both unhurt!

Secondly, the car while damaged was still able to be driven (and driven all the way down from the hill resort) – we had no need for a tow-car service.

Thirdly, while the car behind us rammed into us very hard, we did not hit the car in front of us.
tGiF’s mom was familiar with claiming insurance for these kind of matters – and I used to do these kind of cases too. On top of that, I had my own experience of being rammed by a car and claiming the insurance from that car’s driver’s insurance. So we knew what to expect and what to do.

tGiF’s uncle also knows mechanics who were able to help us. Further, tGiF could leave the car with her uncle and use her parents’ car in the meantime so the inconvenience will not be great – her parents have another car which they could use.

We were thankful that we had each other at that time instead of going thru the whole experience alone.

On top of it all, we knew that this was all in God’s control – and we did not allow it to ruin whatever that was left of our holidays. We trusted that God will help us thru the situation and we were at peace over the whole matter.

I still hope and pray that I’ll never have another ‘crash boom bang experience’ to blog about again – but if I do, I’m sure God will see me thru and put the peace and joy in my heart.


*One of my fav ballads of theirs, second to Vulnerable.

No comments: