Thursday 24 June 2010

Please be careful with my heart* - Jose Mari Chan and Regine Velasquez

I think i'm getting too old to watch football. Or maybe i'm just too old to watch England play football. I thought i was gonna have a cardiac arrest just now!!!!!

Why, oh why did they have to choose the hardest way to qualify? They had to draw their first 2 games which were games they should have won easily. Yes, qualify for the next round they did - but at what expense? A heart attack for me???

They scored only 1 goal altho they had countless of chances including one which was ruled offside and another which hit the post!!!! So i sat there, heart in my mouth, just willing the time to go faster, knowing that a goal from Slovenia would mean the end of the World Cup for England. So instead of scoring another one more goal, they just left me there, my heart thumping so hard that i could feel it hitting against my chest!!!!!


Please sir, can i have some more... goals???
(Pic taken from online)

Oh England - please, please, be careful with my heart. But it has always been like this - especially having to endure the penalty shoot-outs. No one will be surprised if we are served with another shoot-out involving England in the next coming weeks.

I hope my heart can hold on...

*One of the nicer duets which came from singers in this region.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I watched this game in a pub with a rather rough crowd, and I got the impression that it would be a good idea to leave quickly once Slovenia scores...which thankfully they didn't.

imissw said...

yeah, it may have gotten ugly!!! thankfully - for you, me and the whole nation of England - slovenia din score.

but the atmosphere when the final whistle went must have been awesome!

i do miss watching matches in the pub - but i never wear my liverpool jersey. in fact, i never wore it at all except in my halls!!!!