Tuesday 23 January 2007

You'll never walk alone* - Gerry & the Peacemakers

Here's something i drafted at the airport in Doha, Qatar, while awaiting for me connecting flight late last Friday nite.

To be honest, I really wanted to spend those last few moments on me own, alone wif me thoughts. I was thinking of how I’ll slowly walk thru the campus one last time, dramatically saying goodbye to all the inanimate objects and memories – the laundry room, the copy shop, the squares, the towers, the south court, the place where we sat…, cherishing those wonderful memories one final time.

The same with London – to walk all by meself at 5 in the morning, saying goodbye to the town which was still asleep…

But I din get to do that. I had 3 people walk me to the Uni bus stop and another waiting there for me. And me mate in London insisted of waking up at some ungodly hour to walk me to the station.

I couldn’t say no to them. I tried to, but I guess they thought I was just being nice.

But looking back, I’m not disappointed that I din get me last wish. Spending time wif people who care for me far outweighs spending time dwelling on the past all by meself.

It’s nice to know that as I walk thru some of the difficult times in me life, I dun have to walk alone.

I miss me mates - esp in these quiet early hours of the morning...

*The club anthem of Liverpool FC! This version reached no. 1 in the UK in the sixties and stayed there for 4 weeks. The original was written by Rogers & Hammerstein for the musical, Carousel.

No comments: